The Administrative Assistant for Vincentian Marian Youth (VMY) assists the VMY National Office in daily activities and responsibilities by performing secretarial and administrative duties. The Administrative Assistant reports to the VMY National Executive Director. This position is not a Youth Ministry position. The Administrative Assistant will not have regular interaction with youth; rather s/he will work with Local and Regional adult leaders to support the VMY National Office.
- Provides administrative support for the National Office including phone work, calendaring and activity scheduling, letter writing, typing and maintaining files.
- Screens all mail and internal office items given to VMY, and when possible, prioritizes them according to VMY National Office objectives.
- Answers phone calls and emails for VMY and offers assistance as needed.
- Maintains the VMY National data base and coordinates National office mailings.
- Works with the National Executive Director to structure and provide resources to support VMY Regions.
- Maintains records for the VMY Board and National Council (serves as the recording secretary).
- Performs work for the Association of the Miraculous Medal during slow periods when there is down time with the VMY National Office.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Reports to the Vincentian Marian Youth National Executive Director.
STATUS, CLASSIFICATION, AND SALARY LEVEL
VMY Administrative Assistant
Salary Level - "3"
Must be diplomatic and courteous in dealing with people.
Must be able to work as a team member and independently, exercise judgment and initiative, and handle confidential information with discretion. The Administrative Assistant for Vincentian Marian Youth must be youth oriented and have an interest and knowledge of the youth culture. Experience in Catholic youth ministry is helpful but not required.
Must be energetic, good at multi-tasking, and attentive to detail. Must also have/acquire a working knowledge of technology and be willing to learn the software used by VMY and the AMM. Must know how to effectively use a personal computer including Microsoft Office suite of products, email programs, and learn database functions.
For consideration, please mail or email a letter of application, resume, and salary requirements to:
The Association of the Miraculous Medal
ATTN: Human Resources Manager
1811 West St Joseph Street
Perryville, MO 63775